Friday, October 30, 2009

Day #10 Organization Challenge - Sheets Day


Hello Organizing Buddies! Did any of you complete yesterday's challenge? If you did, send a photo of your organized towels and I'll post it on the blog. I'd love to see it and I'm sure others would too!

Above is a photo of my empty linen closet. I think it's more like linen cabinets, huh? It's located at one of the hallways upstairs. It's nice because it's very accessible. We have another linen shelving in my closet but that's a whole other situation. . .it'll be our challenge tomorrow so I won't discuss it right now. As you can see, my linen closet is empty. I wanted to show you that I actually do the challenges.

Well, let's get down to business. Today's challenge is multi -step again; similar to the towels.

1. Remove all the contents from your linen closet if you haven't done so yet (this was part of yesterday"s challenge)

2. Gather all of your sheets including the fitted sheets, fold your sheets following the video tutorial.

3. Return the sheets back into the linen closet. Organize them by color and size.

Got it? Simple, huh? Well, let's get going! Before you know it, your linen closet will look spectacular!!!



Yesterday I worked on yesterday's challenge. I got rid of some of my ratty looking towels and donated them to our dogs. LOL! Yes, our dogs. Whenever we bath our dogs, I don't like to use the newer towels because ugggh, I just don't like the idea of sharing towels with our dogs.

Here are the doggy towels. I store them under the dryer. I don't want them mixed up with our towels. If you have any old towels, rather than throwing them away, there are several things you can do with them:

1. Donate them to your dogs.

2. Donate them to the Goodwill or Salvation Army.

3. Cut them into hand towel size and you can use them to wipe your counters or dishes.

4. Cut them in half and use them to wipe your car.

5. Sell them at a garage sale.

I'm sure there are other ways to recycle them, can you think of any other ideas? Share them with us.

Well, I hope you'll play along . . .comment this post if you are planning to do this challenge. I'd love to hear from you!!!

I'll see you all tomorrow! Happy organizing, folks!!

3 comments:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I think you will just be shaking your head when you read this...
1. we don't have a linen closet, but I do have linens in a chest (because we have very SMALL closets

2. We only have 2 sets of sheets for each bed: cotton and flannel. So I was in the morning, hang on line to dry and put right back on bed. Ü

Mary said...

I'm still working on my sheets maria. Although, I'm fairly happy with the way that I have them folded. Mine are in cupes in my bedroom closest cause I do not have a closet for my sheets.

I love the cuttlebug organization. It is awwesome and If I can ever catch a break I will be making a set.

Mary

joni h said...

Thanks! I love checking out this site! I definitely am going to re-fold all my fitted sheets. They way I was doing it was so close to being like this!!
As for our old towels, I put them on the floor of my mini-van. With 3 kids, all in sports, we tend to track in all kinds of dirt, grass, etc!
Thanks for all the tips!

****comment button is at the top of each post, not at the bottom****